Return to Baseball Leftovers

Barry Bonds mistress has "proof" he used steroids

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby JTWood » Tue Feb 15, 2005 3:39 am

Wow... 179 replies and counting.

I want to officially go on record as saying that I don't care, and I'm astonished so many of you do.
JTWood
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
(Past Year: -255)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby cmchampa2 » Tue Feb 15, 2005 3:54 am

JTWood wrote:Wow... 179 replies and counting.

I want to officially go on record as saying that I don't care, and I'm astonished so many of you do.

It's as good a thing to talk about as any, I suppose. Baseball fans love talking about history and Bonds will be in it.

I think the ones that don't care about the steroid issue are more likely fantasy baseball fans than actual baseball fans, which is fine. Salary caps, player transactions, increasing salaries and ticket prices, player and owner indifference, and scandels like steroids don't have much effect on fantasy rosters but they make it hard to root for a real team.
I'm not just the president of the Cornbread Maxwell Fan Club, I'm also the only member.
cmchampa2
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: -58)

Postby CubsFan7724 » Tue Feb 15, 2005 6:04 pm

DK wrote:
CubsFan7724 wrote:Come on, so, the source nailed Giambis testimony because he had that news conference a few days ago basically admitting it, but he just threw in Bonds for good measure? I highly doubt it. You act like unidentified sources have no credibility and you can't believe them. I guess had you been around for Watergate, in which an unidentified source came to the Washington Post (a mainly democratic leaning paper, so they would have a bit of incentive to post against Nixon, just like the SF Chronicle), and then later turned out to be true? I think it is foolish to think the source told the truth about the Giambi testimony but not the Bonds testimony, so I think you are grasping for straws.

First of all, something I've noticed with your posts: They're all one paragraph.

Secondly, your connection to Watergate is simpy, for lack of a better word, idiotic. So you're saying that if a paper (any paper) who is anti-something cites an unidentified source saying that what they are against did something scandalous, it is fact?

I'm a Democrat. If I say that Bush murdered Michael Jordan's father, does that make it true?

Apparently, if I use an unidentified source. ;-7

Actually, it's not that foolish to believe. Giambi said, "I'm sorry." He never made any mention towards the testimony. He admitted that he was sorry, (for what I don't know, but yes, most likely to his steroid use) and never once made any indication that the testimony was the reason he was sorry.
Ok, what was the reason for the 1 paragraph thing? Who cares if I indent and seperate, its just a forum, and it had nothing to do with the topic. But I guess it makes me look smarter.
(look at me, im writing in multiparagraphs!)
Second, you totally missed the point on the Watergate thing. You just can't write off an unidentified source because its unidentified. Its just like writing off Canseco. He could be very well telling the truth. And, the only reason Giambi didn't say he took steroids in the news conference (directly, it was obviously inferred.) was so that the Yankees could not in anyway void out his contract. So, I don't see how you cannot believe that Giambi basically fessed up the the testimony as being true.
CubsFan7724
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -16)

Postby Lofunzo » Tue Feb 15, 2005 6:35 pm

I am listening to Pete Rose on XM right now and he said something funny about Bonds. He said that he doesn't dive for balls anymore, he doesn't run that hard anymore, and he has more armor on than the back of a Hum-V so the only way that he can get hurt is getting out of his car. I don't really care what Rose has to say but that was funny.
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -616)

Postby DK » Tue Feb 15, 2005 10:15 pm

CubsFan7724 wrote:Ok, what was the reason for the 1 paragraph thing? Who cares if I indent and seperate, its just a forum, and it had nothing to do with the topic. But I guess it makes me look smarter.
Second, you totally missed the point on the Watergate thing. You just can't write off an unidentified source because its unidentified. Its just like writing off Canseco. He could be very well telling the truth. And, the only reason Giambi didn't say he took steroids in the news conference (directly, it was obviously inferred.) was so that the Yankees could not in anyway void out his contract. So, I don't see how you cannot believe that Giambi basically fessed up the the testimony as being true.

The one paragraph thing was since you don't separate your thoughts, it's hard to tell what they are sometimes.

You're saying the same thing as you did in the first post: Trust an unidentified source. Again, someone close to the talks said that George W. Bush killed Michael Jordan's father and had sex with Paris Hilton. Gotta be true, right? ;-7

I still don't know about the testimony, I'm telling you the same thing again. I'm not going to say it twice, since you should have read it the first time.
DK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: -456)

Postby DK » Tue Feb 15, 2005 10:25 pm

eftda wrote:
DK wrote:You're saying the same thing as you did in the first post: Trust an unidentified source. Again, someone close to the talks said that George W. Bush killed Michael Jordan's father and had sex with Paris Hilton. Gotta be true, right? ;-7

A friend of a freind of a friend of an aunts friend heard the same thing. Has to be true.

Oh, well, my aunt's cat's former owner is a good friend of the third cousin of Paris Hilton's makeup artist, who, incidentally, is the friend of a friend of the great uncle of the trainer of Michael Jordan's college English professor. They also said it was true.

So, naturally, since I kept them unidentified, it's 100% verifiable.
DK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: -456)

Postby Lofunzo » Tue Feb 15, 2005 10:27 pm

eftda wrote:
DK wrote:You're saying the same thing as you did in the first post: Trust an unidentified source. Again, someone close to the talks said that George W. Bush killed Michael Jordan's father and had sex with Paris Hilton. Gotta be true, right? ;-7

A friend of a freind of a friend of an aunts friend heard the same thing. Has to be true.

I completely understand that any Bonds discussion is heated to 1 side or the other but you guys are just silly. No one is saying that it has to be true. I believe that what most are saying is that with all of these different sources, no matter how reliable they may or may not be, there has to be some truth to it. I have yet to see someone say that everything that this lady said is fact but I am of the belief that there has to be some validity to it. There is no doubt that she is doing this for $$ but that, in itself, doesn't mean that she's lying. This is a message board and not a court of law so there is no need for definitive proof.
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -616)

Postby CubsFan7724 » Tue Feb 15, 2005 10:37 pm

DK wrote:
CubsFan7724 wrote:Ok, what was the reason for the 1 paragraph thing? Who cares if I indent and seperate, its just a forum, and it had nothing to do with the topic. But I guess it makes me look smarter.

The one paragraph thing was since you don't separate your thoughts, it's hard to tell what they are sometimes.

You're saying the same thing as you did in the first post: Trust an unidentified source. Again, someone close to the talks said that George W. Bush killed Michael Jordan's father and had sex with Paris Hilton. Gotta be true, right? ;-7

I still don't know about the testimony, I'm telling you the same thing again. I'm not going to say it twice, since you should have read it the first time.
You missed the point again. You just can't dismiss a source because it is unidentified. They may be telling the truth, because many unidentified sources in the past have. It may or not be true. Since there was other evidence before this, plus Giambi basically confessed to it, I would say its true. Thats my opinion. You don't really have an opinion, so thats fine with me.
CubsFan7724
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -16)

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers