Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who's superior of the Oakland Trilogy?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby domination » Tue Feb 15, 2005 9:05 pm

fantasyfiend wrote:
Ok, so you back out of your stance then about you initially saying 'as a team' the A's got worse overrall?

Not at all, the A's are worse this season than last year, they lost Hudson and Mulder, thus getting worse.
Fear is the mind killer.
domination
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: -4)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby irishdude103 » Tue Feb 15, 2005 9:53 pm

Hudson
irishdude103
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: -80)

Postby LBJackal » Tue Feb 15, 2005 10:55 pm

Cooner wrote:
LBJackal wrote:it'll help because that park doesn't allow HR's,.

Ask what Matt Morris thinks of this... :-?

Not that I disagree with anything you said- in fact, I agree completely.... ;-D

Well Matt Morris could pitch in Yellowstone Park and still allow 30+ HR's per year :-D

"Jack, will you call me, if you're able?"

"I've got your phone number written, in the back of my Bible."
LBJackal
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -178)

Postby fantasyfiend » Tue Feb 15, 2005 11:27 pm

domination wrote:
fantasyfiend wrote:
Ok, so you back out of your stance then about you initially saying 'as a team' the A's got worse overrall?

Not at all, the A's are worse this season than last year, they lost Hudson and Mulder, thus getting worse.

So the huge upgrades in the bullpen(Calero, Cruz, Yabu) as well as the addition of Kendall's production over Damian Miller's, and from Scutaro to Ginter at 2B isn't enough of an upgrade to make up for the win shares the A's lost in the Rotation?

Break it down. Dont be a dult. The A's lost 2 very good pitchers, but strengthened themselves consierably in all other area's of the game (defense, offense, bullpen**) and even reloaded the farm adding top prospect Daric Barton. PECOTA has us winning 4 more games above last year (95) Baseball Primer agrees giving us 4 more wins upon 91.

Dont look at a trades face value and come to conclusions, your the same idiot whose been doubting this A team since 2000 when they've lost superstar after superstar.

This A offense hasn't been this good/deep since the 2001 team when Giambi was still here.

The back of the rotation has lots of question marks, im not gauruntee a 100 win team, but this years team is actually projected to do BETTER than last season (using relevant metrics) -- even without the big 3.
fantasyfiend
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 1)

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers