Return to Baseball Leftovers

Need some advice. What should our league do?!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Need some advice. What should our league do?!

Postby AI8818 » Tue Feb 15, 2005 3:45 pm

11 friends and I had an offline draft at my own house last Sunday. 2 of the people were sick with the flu and could not make it to my house. So for those people I would call them when it's their turn and tell him who was picked and they would mark it down. I gave each of them a few minutes (via phone) to decide who their next pick was in the draft. After the draft was complete, they began to argue that they had an unfair advantage cause everyone was there except them. I dont know whether it was truly a disadvantage or their teams just suck. Please give me some input. Should our league have a re-draft so it's fair, or keep it the way it is?

Thanks so much! ;-D
AI8818
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: -1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby LBJackal » Tue Feb 15, 2005 3:50 pm

Well I'd say they're SOL. If they agreed to do it by phone, they can'r demand to re-do it just because they're now unhappy with their teams. 10 other people got together and spent presumably 3-4 hours drafting and revealing their sleepers/value picks. No way I'd allow a re-draft if I was one of the 10 who showed up.

"Jack, will you call me, if you're able?"

"I've got your phone number written, in the back of my Bible."
LBJackal
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -178)

Postby MightyIan » Tue Feb 15, 2005 3:51 pm

if the league mattered that much, they would have gotten their flu ridden selves there. keep the league the way it is. they probably just drafted stupid, and now they want to use an excuse.
MightyIan
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby CrimeDog » Tue Feb 15, 2005 3:53 pm

You can't redraft after everything is already done, if the guy is that unhappy with his team he can drop out of the league and you can try to find a replacement
CrimeDog
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)

Postby AI8818 » Tue Feb 15, 2005 3:54 pm

Well, Im not sure it's the team. Their teams aren't that bad I guess. I just dont what would make them bring it up.
AI8818
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: -1)

Postby MMoNeY24 » Tue Feb 15, 2005 4:11 pm

How is it a disadvantage if they had a list of players who were taken and got called? I could see if they gave you a list to pick from when it's their turn but you friggin' called them when it was their pick. Let them drop out if they wanna, but it's their own fault for whatever problems they have.
MMoNeY24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertWeb SupporterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -73)

Postby Nat Uralice » Tue Feb 15, 2005 4:14 pm

if they agreed to do it on the phone, then it's on them now. as Jackal said they're SOL.
Can't worry about tomorrow's pain tonight.
Nat Uralice
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Ajax » Tue Feb 15, 2005 4:15 pm

I don't think that they were at that big of a disadvantage, if any. It sounds like they knew which players were taken, and which managers had taken them, when it was their turn to pick. Besides, if they really felt that they were at such a big disadvantage, they shouldn't have agreed to draft by phone.

I definitely wouldn't redraft. If they don't want to play, find someone else to take over their teams.
Ajax
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 1)

Postby cannonarm21 » Tue Feb 15, 2005 4:16 pm

Too bad...they knew what was going on when the draft started. If it was me with the flu, I would be sitting on the can in the closest bathroom with mirrors strategically placed so I could still follow.

If they were being relayed the picks...what's the difference? I feel more bad for you or whoever had to sit on the phone with TWO teams giving them each pick. You guys didn't get to concentrate on your own draft.
cannonarm21
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: -6)

Postby AlexF6262 » Tue Feb 15, 2005 4:20 pm

Lol calm down kids. We (or atleast I) wasnt being serious about wanting a re draft. But in all fairness what did happen was when it was our picks we were just told to pick n they would say if the guy was taken or not, the picks were not read. I dont care tho, all good.

Pujols, Sheff, Carpenter, Delgado... all the way to the top!
AlexF6262
College Coach
College Coach

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers