Return to Baseball Leftovers

Need some advice. What should our league do?!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby cannonarm21 » Tue Feb 15, 2005 4:49 pm

AlexF6262 wrote:Lol calm down kids. We (or atleast I) wasnt being serious about wanting a re draft. But in all fairness what did happen was when it was our picks we were just told to pick n they would say if the guy was taken or not, the picks were not read. I dont care tho, all good.

That changes things then.
cannonarm21
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: -6)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby mbuser » Tue Feb 15, 2005 4:55 pm

AlexF6262 wrote:Lol calm down kids. We (or atleast I) wasnt being serious about wanting a re draft. But in all fairness what did happen was when it was our picks we were just told to pick n they would say if the guy was taken or not, the picks were not read. I dont care tho, all good.

seems to me that would have REALLY slowed things down -- that strikes me as exactly the opposite of what should have been done
mbuser
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 73)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby xeifrank » Tue Feb 15, 2005 4:56 pm

Tough luck, if they don't like it let them drop out and give their team to one of us to manage.

vr

Xeifrank
Author of: http://MLBMockDraftSoftware.blogspot.com/
Author of: http://dodgerSims.blogspot.com/
Author of: http://TheSoberAngels.blogspot.com/
Author of: http://XeiOnSports.blogspot.com/
xeifrank
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: -1)

Postby jbird669 » Tue Feb 15, 2005 5:23 pm

LBJackal wrote:Well I'd say they're SOL. If they agreed to do it by phone, they can'r demand to re-do it just because they're now unhappy with their teams. 10 other people got together and spent presumably 3-4 hours drafting and revealing their sleepers/value picks. No way I'd allow a re-draft if I was one of the 10 who showed up.

I totally agree. We have this happen seemingly every year, one or two people can't make it. We always do it by phone in that case, and they are fine with it. It could be worse, you could've picked for them, so the fact that they had input should be enough.
For the future, if someone knows they cannot make it, what we do in my league is we have them make a cheat sheet/draft list, of at least 300 players (enough for the 23-man rosters of the twelve teams plus some extras) to draft from. if there's no one left on their list, being that our $ values come from Sports Weekly's Fantasy Guide, we pick someone from their lists.
Baseball is a game where a curve is an optical illusion, a screwball can be a pitch or a person, stealing is legal and you can spit anywhere you like except in the umpire's eye or on the ball. ~Jim Murray
jbird669
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 26)

Postby AI8818 » Tue Feb 15, 2005 6:30 pm

No, what AlexF6262 said is not correct. For him, I did about 6 rounds of telling him who was picked before I got tired of reading and reading all of them. So I just said say you top priority for this round and Ill tell you if hes there....Just for him. For the other guy I read the whole draft through ( I dont know why ).
AI8818
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: -1)

Postby TheRock » Tue Feb 15, 2005 7:04 pm

I've had drafts where one guy couldn't make it and every time it got around to him we had to read back everything that had happened and wait for him to make up his dang mind. It's a pain to everyone else who DID make it there. If anything these two clowns owe everyone a beer for wasting so much of their time.
TheRock
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: -15)

Postby BeefSandwiches » Tue Feb 15, 2005 7:42 pm

It sounds to me like this whole situation is completely ridiculous. The process should have been agreed upon before the draft, which it somewhat sounds like it was, and everyone has to live with it.

No one should be asking for a re-draft, no one should leave the league...just play with the team you have. If you don't like it, TRADE - that makes it more fun. ;-D
BeefSandwiches
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers