Return to Baseball Leftovers

WHEN WILL YOU DRAFT GRIFFEY??

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Amazinz » Tue Feb 15, 2005 11:31 pm

Late-round flier. I'll never get him because someone always grabs him earlier than I would. I definitely wouldn't draft him as a starter even at the UT/DH spot.

Assuming he gets injured again (yea I realize I'm going out on a limb here :-b ) his production is waiver wire fodder production.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -120)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby TheYanks04 » Tue Feb 15, 2005 11:35 pm

When the phrase:

"Alfonse Soriano is the Master of plate discipline"

becomes commonplace.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

(Past Year: -58)

Postby Garry26 » Tue Feb 15, 2005 11:37 pm

Im thinking the last round? Id draft him in the last round if all my other sleepers were gone.

Last year he had 300 at bats before getting hurt and thats half a years worth. His stats were:
49runs, 20HRs, 63rbis, .253BA.

Thats damn good from a 20th-24th round pick. Pity he got hurt. He was on pace to bat 100-35-120- .255
I love mock drafts.
Garry26
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 36)

Postby moochman » Tue Feb 15, 2005 11:48 pm

If I were pleased with my team I might draft him in the last couple rounds. He likely won't be there so I won't have the agony of watching ESPN reports for when he is due to return from his injury.
moochman
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -369)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby TheYanks04 » Tue Feb 15, 2005 11:57 pm

Yeah well every year we see this "If he stays healthy" argument and every year he never does. Face it, the guy is walking injury waiting to happen and has been for a number of years. Is that worth a late round flier...sure. So are a lot of players. But a this stage of his career I think we can say Mr. Gimpy is not much better than a catch lightning in a bottle pick.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

(Past Year: -58)

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers