Return to Baseball Leftovers

Canseco Pay Per View Lie Detector Test

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Lofunzo » Tue Feb 22, 2005 8:41 pm

DK wrote:
lesgrant wrote:There is already enough evidence against Bonds. I don’t need to pay for a Jose pile-on, when I can get even better dirt when the grand jury transcript is unsealed.

Every time you bash on Bonds, I reply basically proving everything you said wrong about it. You have yet to form a rebuttal to anything I have said about Bonds.

It's all fueled by hatred.

I don't know if this is directly for les or if it stands for everyone claiming his guilt but I don't hate Barry. I do think that he is guilty of this, though.
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -616)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Rico The Retard » Tue Feb 22, 2005 8:45 pm

o man this is great, if anyone watches it they have to report back what happened to thecafe ;-D
fgfdsgdsfdasfd

"Hey honey, ya think KFC's still open"-Will Ferrell

Mark my words: Oliver Perez will be 2005 NL Cy Young Winner
Rico The Retard
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: -144)

Postby CubsFan7724 » Tue Feb 22, 2005 9:02 pm

DK wrote:
TheYanks04 wrote:I want to see the Bonds and Bret Boone lie-detector tests though.

Lie detector: straight line......
Tester: Barry, did you ever knowingly use steroids or HGH?
Bonds: It was flaxseed oil.
Tester: Yes or no please.
Bonds: No.
Lie Detector: Looks like white noise on the chart.

Tester: Has your head grown through the use of steroids.
Barry: No
Lie-detector: Looks like white noise on the chart.

Tester: Is your hat size 40?
Bonds: No
Lie detector: straight line.
Tester: 45?
Bonds: No.

Tester: Did you obfuscate to the grand jury?
Bonds: Huh?
Test: DId you knowingly deceive the grand jury?
Bonds: No

Lie Detector: Do you have evidence that proves Bonds took steroids?
TheYanks04: Yes.

Lie Detector: If Barry was a nice guy, or if you didn't hate him, would you still think he took steroids?
TheYanks04: Yes.

Come on DK, there is enough circumstantial evidence to believe that he took it. Very rarely in a court case will there be slam dunk evidence because most criminals are not stupid enough to be seen, leave crucial evidence, etc. If you couldnt convict on circumstantial evidence, do you realize how many criminals, including murderers, would be roaming the streets right now? BALCO links, testimony, and basically a confession (dont give me this "it could be a lie" garbage, if Giambi admitted it was true, why would it be a lie for Bonds. And don't say Giambi wasn't talking about steroids in the press conference either) is enough to be almost certain Bonds took the juice.
CubsFan7724
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -16)

Postby Lofunzo » Tue Feb 22, 2005 9:13 pm

I reiterate that I don't hate Bonds at all and I think that he took steroids.
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby SHOCKandAWE » Tue Feb 22, 2005 11:18 pm

I will just watch the highlights on ESPN
;-7
SHOCKandAWE
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -146)

Postby Tavish » Thu Mar 17, 2005 8:54 pm

Tavish wrote:Canseco is priceless. Larger-than-life characters like him only come along a few times each generation. Honestly I can't wait to see what he comes up with next.

Sorry to bump this (as well quote myself), but saw another beauty of a Canseco quote in the paper today and had to post it.

In 1988, Mike Greenwell of the Boston Red Sox finished second to Jose Canseco in the American League's Most Valuable Player voting. Recently, after Canseco admitted to using steroids, Greenwell said he wants the trophy.

''He better get it before I sell it,'' Canseco told Sporting News radio.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: -510)

Postby TheYanks04 » Thu Mar 17, 2005 8:57 pm

That is pretty funny. Still, outside of being a shameless money-grubber, I fail to undestand the Canseco hate. We all know most if not all of what he said is true. If anything, his book has elevated the roids scandal and that is a good thing if it gets those pompous a**es Ffehr and Selig to deal with the situation instead of just giving it a paper-overing.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

(Past Year: -58)

Postby quietstorm » Thu Mar 17, 2005 11:04 pm

j_d_mcnugent wrote:
Cowmatt wrote:
mcqfesijiba wrote:Are lie detectors 100% fool proof? If not I wouldn't put it past this guy as being one of the ones who can pass it. This guy lives in his own little world, judging by some interviews I've heard of him with Jim Rome.

Lie detectors are not fool-proof because they don't detect lies or what you are thinking, they detect your bodies reactions such as microscopic sweat levels and heart rate. Ive read of people passing lie-detector tests simply by spraying anti-persperant on their arms. Another way to beat it is to put a small tack in your shoe, and when they make you lie to a simple question (it's how they determine which peaks are lies) you step on the tack with your big toe. Thereby making it a thumbtack-in-the-toe detector rather than a lie detector.

And i would never give Jose Canseco money for any reason whatsoever.

beating it is a little more complicated than that. i read an article about it one time where a reporter tried to beat it using all sorts of advice found on the internet and failed miserably. it isnt easy to beat, but it is possible. it isnt fool proof so it isnt admissable in court. however, the FBI and CIA as a matter of policy give polygraphy tests before they hire someone and for other purposes. it wouldnt necessarily prove anything if canseco passed a polygraph test, but i think it would still help his credibility.

Actually, approximately 77% of guilty people are really judged guilty. About 38% of innocent people are judged guilty.

Polygraphs are a sham.
Your wisemen don't know how it feels to be thick as a brick...
quietstorm
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: -2)

Postby Lofunzo » Thu Mar 17, 2005 11:20 pm

quietstorm wrote:Polygraphs are a sham.

I agree. All that they really detect are emotions and a change in them.
Lofunzo

Postby blankman » Thu Mar 17, 2005 11:36 pm

No way I'd pay for something that ESPN.com will report on minutes afterward anyways
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert
(Past Year: -211)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers