Return to Baseball Leftovers

Mike Sweeney

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby mcqfesijiba » Sun Feb 27, 2005 10:46 am

Doesn't he enter the season every year with his back healthy? Well, one of these years, he is going to play 150 games + and have a great season again. Maybe it's this year? He's a nice gamble if you don't have to take him too early.
mcqfesijiba
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: -450)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Woolly » Sun Feb 27, 2005 10:50 am

Rico The Retard wrote:well in a snake draft, i got him in the 20th round out of 12 teams and IMO thats good value for him cuz he could produce big, but i do have to agree hes a bum and theres only a slight chance hell return to his old self

I agree that he would be a nice late round pick. However, I think trading him would be a great idea if he starts hot and you can get a great deal. People forget all about injuries when they see production.
Woolly
College Coach
College Coach

Postby rlee » Sun Feb 27, 2005 1:10 pm

Rico The Retard wrote:well in a snake draft, i got him in the 20th round out of 12 teams and IMO thats good value for him cuz he could produce big, but i do have to agree hes a bum and theres only a slight chance hell return to his old self

Rico, that's quite a steal you got IMO, whether you like him or not. 20th round players are usually just rounding out your bench. If Sweeney does stay healthy, you've landed a great value. I like
it ;-D
rlee
rlee
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: -3)

Postby mtarail » Sun Feb 27, 2005 7:35 pm

I agree he's a good late round pick. When he's on the field, he produces. Let's hope that he plays well so that he can get traded.
Bluto: Over? Did you say over? NOTHING is over until WE decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? HELL, NO!
Otter: Germans?
Boon: Forget it, he's rolling.
mtarail
General Manager
General Manager

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers