Return to Baseball Leftovers

Crawfords over rated

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Spartans Rule » Sat Feb 26, 2005 6:16 pm

AtlDynasty25 wrote:
brewersWSmr3000rules wrote:i dont think so, i had the first pick in three drafts and picked him first overall in all of them, he could go 40-40.

Haha 40 SB and 40 runs??? :-t

If his plate discipline continues to improve, Crawford could make a run at 40 SB and 40 BB.
Spartans Rule
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby AtlDynasty25 » Sat Feb 26, 2005 6:19 pm

Spartans Rule wrote:
AtlDynasty25 wrote:
brewersWSmr3000rules wrote:i dont think so, i had the first pick in three drafts and picked him first overall in all of them, he could go 40-40.

Haha 40 SB and 40 runs??? :-t

If his plate discipline continues to improve, Crawford could make a run at 40 SB and 40 BB.

Sorry, i meant RBI, not runs
AtlDynasty25
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: -3)

Postby RAmst23 » Sat Feb 26, 2005 6:48 pm

Anyway to get this back on topic. If Crawford hits 20 HR I think he'll definitely be worth the late 1st high 2nd round pick. However, if his HRs are around say 8 (I think he'll hit 20), then probably more of a mid late 2nd round guy. I think he's going about right in most leagues though
...Boston papers now and then suffer a sharp flurry of arithmetic on this score; indeed, for Williams to have distributed all his hits so they did nobody else any good would constitute a feat of placement unparalleled in the annals of selfishness. -Updike
RAmst23
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: -8)

Postby CrimeDog » Sat Feb 26, 2005 6:54 pm

Yeah, in some of these drafts where he is going in the first round he's overrated, but he's going to be a stud sooner than later
CrimeDog
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)

Postby SHOCKandAWE » Sat Feb 26, 2005 7:11 pm

40-40? HOLY S&%T
SHOCKandAWE
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -146)

Postby Tavish » Sat Feb 26, 2005 7:14 pm

SHOCKandAWE wrote:

40-40? HOLY S&%T

Don't feed the troll.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: -510)

Postby daweasle » Sat Feb 26, 2005 7:23 pm

really i think all the guys like crawford and pierre are overrated

why spend a high pick on a guy who'll get you 40+ sb when you can just pick a bunch of 20+hr, 10+sb guys and still be just as competitive in sb?(and add to your other numbers at same time)
daweasle
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 53)

Postby jjigglers » Sat Feb 26, 2005 7:42 pm

daweasle wrote:really i think all the guys like crawford and pierre are overrated

why spend a high pick on a guy who'll get you 40+ sb when you can just pick a bunch of 20+hr, 10+sb guys and still be just as competitive in sb?(and add to your other numbers at same time)

because crawford takes one slot.
your 4 player combo takes 4 slots.

because to win steals consistently you probably need a 40+ sb guy and some 10 sb guys.

for the original post though, crawford is overrated to me. i cant justify taking him in the 2nd or 3rd round after drafting him late in last year's draft, same with santana. time to find new studs.
jjigglers
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby SHOCKandAWE » Sat Feb 26, 2005 7:44 pm

In a snake draft I wouldnt take him high but in an auction I would be willing to pay the money for him due to the fact that i think I can make up for themoney spent by getting some nice deals at the end.
SHOCKandAWE
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -146)

Postby Steve-o » Sun Feb 27, 2005 12:10 am

Lime wrote:When you're in an OBP league suddenly Crawford doesn't rank so damn high.

I think this is exactly right. In a traditional 5x5 or even the smaller 4x4, he is probably a late first rounder. As soon as you start adding cats like obp and ops he slips considerably. I have him ranked around 30 in my league that includes those cats (but I don't think he will hit 20 hrs).
Steve-o
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: -16)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers