Return to Baseball Leftovers

Magglio and Garret??

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Magglio and Garret??

Postby TrickyRicky » Sun Feb 27, 2005 3:46 pm

How do you guys think Magglio and Garret Anderson will turn out this year? I have them both on my team and an wondering if i can count on them for productive seasons.
TrickyRicky
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: -1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby perlick29 » Sun Feb 27, 2005 5:04 pm

Magglio- Right now he's too tough to tell until he actually steps on a field. I'd say he's got a good shot to be a 30 homer hitter, and he could hit .300 eay.

Garret- Pushing him to left field again should be a nice help to his injuries. A nice mid-round value pick could return closer to his form.

Hope it helps.
Forget the man crush. I drop what I'm doing to watch Zack Greinke pitch.
perlick29
General Manager
General Manager

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafecasterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -75)

Postby RynMan » Sun Feb 27, 2005 6:53 pm

They are going too high in drafts for me to have them on my team. Their injury risks bring them down significantly on my rankings.
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: -227)

Postby mtarail » Sun Feb 27, 2005 7:08 pm

These guys are both really risky, due to injury concerns. I like Maggs a little more because Garrett's primary injuries last year wer arthritis and tendinitis. These are problems that can be treated but not really cured. If they flare up again, Anderson is gonna have trouble staying on the field. On the other hand, Maggs problem was his knee. If the surgery went ok, and early reports are that he looks good, he should be healthy and ready to go.

I think These guys are good pickups somewhere between the 7th and 9th round of 12 team drafts. Just keep your fingers crossed that they stay healthy.

Now, I just read that Maggs was diagnosed with "bone marrow edema." I did a little research on the web and apparently this is not arthritis although some doctors believe it can cause arthritis. So, uhh, is there a doctor in the house? :-D
Bluto: Over? Did you say over? NOTHING is over until WE decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? HELL, NO!
Otter: Germans?
Boon: Forget it, he's rolling.
mtarail
General Manager
General Manager

Return to Baseball Leftovers