Leftovers League 2014 - Check In

Back for the fifth year!
cordscords
T-Ball Trainer
Beginner: No
Roster Information: 12 Team Yahoo Auction Draft. Standard 5X5 scoring.

C- Jesus Montero
1B- Paul Goldschmidt
2B- Jason Kipnis
SS- Starlin Castro
3B- Ryan Zimmerman
OF- Adrian Gonzalez
OF- Desmond Jennings
OF- Alex Rios
UT- Anthony Rizzo
UT- Norichika Aoki
BN- Adam Eaton
BN- Michael Morse

SP- Kris Medlen
SP- Matt Moore
SP- Jeff Samardzija
SP- Matt Harvey
SP- Brett Anderson
SP- Marco Estrada

RP- Addison Reed
RP- Steve Cishek
RP- Bobby Parnell
RP- Brandon League
RP- Kenley Jansen

Re: Leftovers League 2014 - Check In

Post by cordscords »

I would prefer 12 teams, though I'm not opposed to 14 either. I would love for the league to adapt a FAAB system, and I would love it even more if we held an auction draft.
RedBullVodka
T-Ball Trainer
Roster Information: C Ivan Rodriguez
1B David Ortiz
2B Jose Vidro
3B Alex Rodriguez
SS Jose Valentin
MI Tadahito Iguchi
CI Dmitri Young
OF Carl Crawford
OF Aaron Rowand
OF Dave Roberts
Util Jason Giambi
Util Lyle Overbay
Bench Craig Wilson
Bench Joey Gathright
Bench Jeremy Reed
Bench Jermaine Dye
Bench Magglio Ordonez
Bench Bobby Crosby

SP Randy Johnson
SP AJ Burnett
SP Barry Zito
SP Josh Beckett
SP Greg Maddux
SP Roy Oswalt
SP Carl Pavano
RP Danny Graves
RP Miguel Batista
RP Kiki Calero
RP Huston Street
RP Yhency Brazoban
RP Joe Borowski

Unlimited keeper league Roto 10 teams 6x6 (Extra cat's: OBP & holds)

Post by RedBullVodka »

I'm happy you're all gunning for me! And, yes, Oop, I remember how you stole a win from me three years ago - still can't quite believe how. That was one strange last day of baseball both in fantasy and on the field.

Number of players: 12-14 doesn't matter to me.
Rock pm'd me about Old_Style saying he was interested, but maybe he has changed his mind, now Rock isn't in.

FAAB: again, no firm opinions. I'm with Stoggie in that I don't really see how it changes things if it is not all players - most players you pick up in-season tend to be free agents. And I don't see how having all players on permanent waivers is practical or useful?

Couchmanagers: Think it is blocked at work, as is Yahoo!, but can use mobile, so isn't too much of a problem, hopefully.

Auction: I'd still be interested in doing an auction league, but Roto is not (and maybe others), and since Roto has stepped up to the plate in rock's absence, I think this is his call.
RedBullVodka
T-Ball Trainer
1B David Ortiz
2B Jose Vidro
3B Alex Rodriguez
SS Jose Valentin
MI Tadahito Iguchi
CI Dmitri Young
OF Carl Crawford
OF Aaron Rowand
OF Dave Roberts
Util Jason Giambi
Util Lyle Overbay
Bench Craig Wilson
Bench Joey Gathright
Bench Jeremy Reed
Bench Jermaine Dye
Bench Magglio Ordonez
Bench Bobby Crosby

SP Randy Johnson
SP AJ Burnett
SP Barry Zito
SP Josh Beckett
SP Greg Maddux
SP Roy Oswalt
SP Carl Pavano
RP Danny Graves
RP Miguel Batista
RP Kiki Calero
RP Huston Street
RP Yhency Brazoban
RP Joe Borowski

Post by RedBullVodka »

Missed Round 0 comment - I like Round 0! Makes this league different!

I also like knowing what slot I'm going to get in advance to help with early round draft strategy.
rotoquest
T-Ball Trainer
Roster Information: 5x5 12 team Roto (Cbssportsline)
Leftovers League
5x5 Roto (Yahoo)

Post by rotoquest »

Thanks for those comments so far everyone. Its seems pretty smooth for most of the topics so far. Now, about the auction thing.

I think that there are those in the league that have a fair amount of experience in auction drafts and probably have developed a certain amount of auction savvy. However, in the same realm of owners, you have those that have little to zero auction experience…hence little or no auction savvy. This creates an unleveled playing field for a draft. It’s tough 10 days before a draft to declare it to be an auction format under these conditions. If we, at the end of last season, said something like, “remember to practice auction drafting during the offseason because we may want to switch to it next year,” then I can see having this conversation. There would have been ample opportunity for practice. Since everyone has snake draft experience, it seems only logical to proceed that way this season, and then at the end of this season we can open up talks for auction next year. When Oscar wins the league this year, we want to say it was on a fair and level playing field. I hope this sounds copasetic to everyone.
Third Day
T-Ball Trainer

Post by Third Day »

rotoquest wrote:Thanks for those comments so far everyone. Its seems pretty smooth for most of the topics so far. Now, about the auction thing.

I think that there are those in the league that have a fair amount of experience in auction drafts and probably have developed a certain amount of auction savvy. However, in the same realm of owners, you have those that have little to zero auction experience…hence little or no auction savvy. This creates an unleveled playing field for a draft. It’s tough 10 days before a draft to declare it to be an auction format under these conditions. If we, at the end of last season, said something like, “remember to practice auction drafting during the offseason because we may want to switch to it next year,” then I can see having this conversation. There would have been ample opportunity for practice. Since everyone has snake draft experience, it seems only logical to proceed that way this season, and then at the end of this season we can open up talks for auction next year. When Oscar wins the league this year, we want to say it was on a fair and level playing field. I hope this sounds copasetic to everyone.

Maybe we could do a second league for those interested in doing or learning how to auction draft. Next year I mean.
NikkiSixx
T-Ball Trainer

Post by NikkiSixx »

I'm ok with FAAB. I'm also ok with an auction or a snake, whatever the majority wants.

When are we looking to get this draft started?
rotoquest
T-Ball Trainer
Roster Information: 5x5 12 team Roto (Cbssportsline)
Leftovers League
5x5 Roto (Yahoo)

Post by rotoquest »

NikkiSixx wrote:I'm ok with FAAB. I'm also ok with an auction or a snake, whatever the majority wants.

When are we looking to get this draft started?

Round Zero will probably start a week from Monday, and then we'll start drafting when everyone has declared their draft position choice.
oscar15
T-Ball Trainer

Post by oscar15 »

rotoquest wrote:Thanks for those comments so far everyone. Its seems pretty smooth for most of the topics so far. Now, about the auction thing.

Looks like I will be getting no slack from the new commish.
Speaking of which, may I suggest a change of avatar for Rotoquest? We went from Greg Maddux to one of the Mario Brothers as our commish.

Roto makes a good point about changing to an Auction Draft this late. I say we drop it until the end of the year. I'm pretty sure we ran a practice auction last year and nobody really pushed for it.

At this point, whatever Roto wants to do is fine with me.
Enjoy life. One day you will be dead for a very very long time.
RedBullVodka
T-Ball Trainer
1B David Ortiz
2B Jose Vidro
3B Alex Rodriguez
SS Jose Valentin
MI Tadahito Iguchi
CI Dmitri Young
OF Carl Crawford
OF Aaron Rowand
OF Dave Roberts
Util Jason Giambi
Util Lyle Overbay
Bench Craig Wilson
Bench Joey Gathright
Bench Jeremy Reed
Bench Jermaine Dye
Bench Magglio Ordonez
Bench Bobby Crosby

SP Randy Johnson
SP AJ Burnett
SP Barry Zito
SP Josh Beckett
SP Greg Maddux
SP Roy Oswalt
SP Carl Pavano
RP Danny Graves
RP Miguel Batista
RP Kiki Calero
RP Huston Street
RP Yhency Brazoban
RP Joe Borowski

Post by RedBullVodka »

Re: draft date. Typically it only takes us 14 days to complete the draft, so we usually start second week of March? First week perhaps?
Third Day
T-Ball Trainer

Post by Third Day »

Maybe Saturday March 1st? All it takes is one glitch to throw everything off.
Last edited by Third Day on Fri Feb 07, 2014 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Leftover League V”