2011 Chat

Nothing at all wrong with leftovers, that's why microwaves were built!
TheRock
T-Ball Trainer
Beginner: No

2011 Chat

Post by TheRock »

Let's see.. league business:

Anything we want to change from last year? I'm pretty happy with the roster we've been using, wouldn't mind adding more innings since we have more spots than a normal league. We want to look into using Yahoo's FAAB? I haven't used it before or read up on it much. Anyone have experience there? I had a football league on ESPN that used their FAAB this year and it was a train wreck.

As soon as we're full I'll get a draft set up on couchmanagers. We'll do round 0 again. Tradition and all.

Seems to normally take us 2 weeks or so to draft, when do we want to plan on starting that? Once we have an idea on that, we know how long we can wait on emb and cheese. Need a few days if we need to find new owners.
Third Day
T-Ball Trainer

Re: 2011 Chat

Post by Third Day »

The big downside of FAAB for baseball in a daily change league is that you can only add players on certain days. I did an ESPN league last season with it and the last half of the season I made hardly any roster moves. Just too much aggravation
TheRock
T-Ball Trainer

Post by TheRock »

Third Day wrote:The big downside of FAAB for baseball in a daily change league is that you can only add players on certain days. I did an ESPN league last season with it and the last half of the season I made hardly any roster moves. Just too much aggravation

That was my experience with ESPN. If Yahoo is anywhere near as bad, I'm thinking we skip it.
Third Day
T-Ball Trainer

Post by Third Day »

TheRock wrote:
Third Day wrote:The big downside of FAAB for baseball in a daily change league is that you can only add players on certain days. I did an ESPN league last season with it and the last half of the season I made hardly any roster moves. Just too much aggravation

That was my experience with ESPN. If Yahoo is anywhere near as bad, I'm thinking we skip it.

It isn't even so much the site as the fact that I believe that FAAB was set up originally for weekly change leagues and it doesn't work well at all for daily change.
oscar15
T-Ball Trainer

Post by oscar15 »

I prefer no changes. However, I certainly understand an increase in innings for pitchers.

"if it ain't broke don't fix it."
Enjoy life. One day you will be dead for a very very long time.
emb0lus
T-Ball Trainer

Post by emb0lus »

if everyone shows up this year, do we turn this into a keeper league to shake it up a little? We have never been 12 for 12 on returning players I don't believe.
RedBullVodka
T-Ball Trainer
Roster Information: C Ivan Rodriguez
1B David Ortiz
2B Jose Vidro
3B Alex Rodriguez
SS Jose Valentin
MI Tadahito Iguchi
CI Dmitri Young
OF Carl Crawford
OF Aaron Rowand
OF Dave Roberts
Util Jason Giambi
Util Lyle Overbay
Bench Craig Wilson
Bench Joey Gathright
Bench Jeremy Reed
Bench Jermaine Dye
Bench Magglio Ordonez
Bench Bobby Crosby

SP Randy Johnson
SP AJ Burnett
SP Barry Zito
SP Josh Beckett
SP Greg Maddux
SP Roy Oswalt
SP Carl Pavano
RP Danny Graves
RP Miguel Batista
RP Kiki Calero
RP Huston Street
RP Yhency Brazoban
RP Joe Borowski

Unlimited keeper league Roto 10 teams 6x6 (Extra cat's: OBP & holds)

Post by RedBullVodka »

I'm for leaving it alone. I'm in two other keeper leagues, and they make my head hurt already. I like this league is simple. :-D
CheeseBeger
T-Ball Trainer

Post by CheeseBeger »

emb0lus wrote:if everyone shows up this year, do we turn this into a keeper league to shake it up a little? We have never been 12 for 12 on returning players I don't believe.

I would definitely be up for turning this into a keeper league
oscar15
T-Ball Trainer

Post by oscar15 »

RedBullVodka wrote:I'm for leaving it alone. I'm in two other keeper leagues, and they make my head hurt already. I like this league is simple. :-D

;-D
Enjoy life. One day you will be dead for a very very long time.
thomasps3
T-Ball Trainer

Post by thomasps3 »

oscar15 wrote:
RedBullVodka wrote:I'm for leaving it alone. I'm in two other keeper leagues, and they make my head hurt already. I like this league is simple. :-D

;-D

What the heck are these squiggles? They are making my head hurt as well!!!!!

I say keeper....but not opposed to keeping this as is, I enjoy ghetting my butt kicked every year as well...Oscar, we'll be fighting it out near the bottom again in 2011....

Return to “Leftovers League”