Ss: Cabrera
Of: D. Santana
Of: Duvall
Of: Pillar
UTIL: Shaw
Bench: Carpenter
Bench: Arica
Bench: Brinson
Dl: Myers (was hoping to slot him in OF at this point but damn injuries have him two games short of yahoo eligibility)
NA: Calhoun

I have a great trio of starters in Kluber, Cole, and Syndergaard. Also have Castillo.

I was offered Pollock for Cole straight up. Fair deal? Any hope of Cole keeping this up? Or do i form a counter via his roster below?

C: Vasquez
1b: Abreu
2b: Nunez
3b: Andujar
Ss: Seager (off limits)
Of: Pollock
Of: A. Garcia
Of: Herrera
UTIL: Ohtani
Bench: Dickerson
Bench: Barnes
Dl: Rizzo (off limits)
Dl: Gyorko
Dl: D. Murphy
Dl: Realmuto

Sp: Gray, Matz, Duffy, Estrada
Rp: Kimbrel, Chapman, Norris

Im also contemplating offering Kluber for Betts in a separate deal. What do you all think? Thank you for taking the time to help and please leave your links!
cinfante54
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 395)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Got an offer for Cole. Accept or rebuttal? WHIR

Postby SecretAgentMan » Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:26 pm

Stay with what you have. Assuming this is a standard, 10 or 12 team mixed league, you are not fixing that horrible offense via the trade route by robbing Peter to pay Paul. Trading pitching is only going to make matters worse imo as it is harder to replace. Your only hope is to find hitters on the wire that are surprises\break outs before other owners do to fill in the many gaps you have imo. You should revisit whatever draft strategy you employed as it was way over the top on the pitching side. When Devers, Shaw and Myers are your top 3 hitters, you know you have a problem.
SecretAgentMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Response Team LeaderFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 2707)

Postby cinfante54 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:29 pm

Thanks for the reply. I’m defending champ in a 16 team league. Last year I drafted pitching and traded to needy teams for bats and decided to go that route again.

My WiFi went out during the auction draft and it made me autobid $16 on Shaw which ruined my strategy.
cinfante54
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby SecretAgentMan » Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:34 pm

cinfante54 wrote:Thanks for the reply. I’m defending champ in a 16 team league. Last year I drafted pitching and traded to needy teams for bats and decided to go that route again.

My WiFi went out during the auction draft and it made me autobid $16 on Shaw which ruined my strategy.

You likely spent way too much on the pitching then to keep\get both Kluber and Syndergaard (to say nothing of Cole and Castillo). And while any strategy can work, drafting on the anticipation of working out deals favorable to you is just a bad strategy imo. There is no guarantee people will trade and no guarantee they will cut you a decent deal. In a lot of my leagues, owners are generally trade hostile. It would be a suicidal approach. Auctions are about acquiring the most talent at a discount\fair price. If you have to spend 90-100 dollars to get two stud pitchers and blow up your roster elsewhere as a result, it is not worth it. Stars and scrubs only goes so far.
SecretAgentMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Response Team LeaderFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 2707)

Postby cinfante54 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 4:05 pm

I definitely see what you’re saying. Still only week two and a lot can happen. However I was offered Votto for Thor. Thoughts?
cinfante54
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Surfs up » Sat Apr 14, 2018 11:55 am

Got to the party late . Hope you didn't make that trade. Cole is making a case to become an ace . Another couple of great starts and you will be able to name your price. In the meantime sit back and enjoy the ride
Surfs up
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

(Past Year: 718)

Postby Skimo77 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:35 pm

I'd stick with what you have as well. Cole looks nasty and I'm sure you can get more for him right now than that offer.
Skimo77
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 35)

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions